Uplift Education & Texas District Charter Alliance Government Affairs Coordinator
Austin Capitol and Remote Work
Uplift Education/Texas District Charter Alliance is seeking applicants interested in learning about our state government to serve as a Government Affairs Coordinator. Qualified candidates should expect to work 15-20 hours per week focusing on state education policy. The Government Affairs Coordinator will work directly with the Director of Government Affairs to implement the district’s legislative agenda, attend legislative hearings, research education policy, and draft legislative hearing summaries.
Essential Job Function:
Draft legislative briefings and hearing summaries; Monitor and attend relevant meetings, committee hearings and assist with tracking proposed legislation at the state level; Review and summarize proposed education legislation; Assist with district profile analysis.
Current college/university student OR one (1) year of relevant work or internship experience. Understanding of basic project management and research analysis. Excellent written, oral, analytical, and communication skills, with the ability to prepare persuasive and clear presentations. Experience working with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Texas public education policy is a plus.
- Produce written analysis of policies and research in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in developing positive relationships with elected officials and their staff, key media outlets, boards, and partner organizations.
- Plan and publish occasional social media posts.
- Edit and collaborate Texas DCA’s monthly newsletter relating to legislature and education policy updates.
- Organize relevant information on legislators and district profiles.
- Research and prepare information on the Texas legislature when needed.
- Design and construct occasional “one-pagers” or informational graphics on Canva.
- Attend and document legislative hearings.
- Assist in planning events and meetings for staff and legislators.
- Make deliveries to legislative offices as needed.
Please submit resume, writing samples, available hours, and course credit requirements to
Post Date: November 9, 2022
Expiration Date: December 9, 2022
Internship Dates: January 9, 2023 – June 15, 2023
Salary: $25/hour; approximately 15-25 hours weekly
Compensation and Time Commitment:
This is a paid hourly position with a required commitment of at least 15 hours a week with regularity.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with